– Words: Jason Hanif. Photos: MJ Digital.
Recently the boys over at Hookitup.Co had some exciting news about their contribution to Motor-Ex this year. Just a few days later, this 2008 Scion xB was in their hands. Sporting a 900HP World Racing built 2.7 litre 2AZ-FE engine, 20 x 11 HRE 595R wheels and a custom widebody, this xB is one extreme show car, street car and track car!
A couple of months ago Toyota Australia decided to bring the Toyota Ruckus (also known as the Scion xB) to Australia, they’ve also brought in two modified variants from the states, one of which happens to be a this World Racing xB.
With it’s ability to compete in the occassional ‘Modified FWD Class’, this Scion has undergone major bodywork and a motor overhaul. The full specifications are listed below these exclusive shots from the show.
– 900HP WORLD Racing built Brian Crower stroker 2.7 Liter 2AZ-FE engine
– Descendant turbo exhaust manifold, custom turbo kit with Bullseye S362 turbo, intake manifold and fuel system
– Motec M400 engine management with WORLD TBC-1 boost controller
– Tilton dual disc carbon clutch with Descendant race flywheel
– TRD limited slip differential
– NOS fogger nitrous system with POD bottle regulation system
– WORLD Motorsports custom dual exhaust system with TRD sport mufflers
– TRD front strut brace and rear anti-swaybar
– 20 x 11” HRE model 595R wheels for show
– 295/25/ZR20 Yokohama ADVAN sport tires for show
– 14’’ Brembo custom rotors and six piston calipers
– K Sport 36 Position Kontrol adjustable dampening system
– Chris Rado time attack spec custom widebody
– Body fabrication, front splitter, and paint by Auto Explosions
– Custom flame airbrushing and graphics by Sik Fabrications
– Custom rear wing by Azuka Design
– B & C Car Audio custom install and fabrication of black suede door panel inserts, trim panels, audio panels, dash panels, and rear drink cooler video display system
– Sparco Chrono Road front seats, Chrono Sport rear seats with Sparco race harnesses
– Rear seat belt bar / chassis reinforcement by WORLD Motorsports
– Memphis Car Audio System with Scion Optomize Navigation head unit, (2) Mojo™ 10” subwoofers, (2) MC1.1100 amplifiers, (2) MC4.75 amplifiers, (2) MCC6 6 ½ components, (2) MC62 6 ½ coaxials, (1) 6IX crossover, and power and signal distribution wiring
– Autometer fuel pressure, boost pressure, water temp, and oil pressure gauges